Lets have a look at some of the reasons why you need secure self-storage and the use of various self-storage options ̶ ranging from wanting more living space to temporarily having nowhere to live.
- Building a new house:People often move in with family or friends whilst their new homes are being built. Most of the times, the accommodating families do not have enough room to store all of their belongings. At Collect A Store clients make use of our various self-storage options to store their goods whilst building. Due to the uncertainty of when their new homes will be completed, most clients like the flexibility of month to month renting. Also, the fact that storage space can be increased at any time ̶ giving them extra room to store new items for their homes. Collect A Store will even receive deliveries of new goods directly into your storage unit on your behalf. Self-storage for this purpose often is three to six months or more. Collect A Store offer prepayment discount solutions for 3-12 months payments in advance. Alternatively, payments can be deducted automatically from your credit card each month.
- Selling house:Self-storage can be very useful when selling one’s house. The less cluttered a home is, the more spacious it appears ̶ which can result to more prospective buyers and higher selling prices. It involves the packing away of unnecessary items and furniture. There is no better time to declutter your home! Sometimes home owners go to the extreme of storing all their belongings and renting new furniture and plants whilst their property is in the market. Collect A Store in the Strand, Helderberg, offers free quotations at your home to assess the storage space and solutions you might need.
- Travelling: With their houses sometimes unoccupied whilst travelling, people feel more secure placing their possessions into a safe self-storage unit. Collect A Store will send an experienced self-storage consultant to your home, provide a free no obligation quote and submit it to the company responsible for making the payments (if a move is work related, the company often pays the bills). Thus you will secure the right size and price for your storage needs and will not be paying for any unused storage space. Ask the storage consultant to advise you on the best way to store your goods for the long term and to bring along some samples of wrapping materials, tapes and storage boxes to show you how to box and wrap your goods for maximum protection.
- Getting divorced: Marriage breakdowns are unfortunately becoming more common. Customers in these situations have tough emotional times and the need for storage can often be sudden. Collect A Store’s trained staff have a caring approach and provide complete storage solutions ̶ including a quotation, move and store ̶ at very short notice. Sometimes one person has to leave the home and needs to store their own belongings. This can even include a car and the contents of a garage. At Collect A Store most cars are stored in a lock up garage, but can also be stored in a secured outside storage space.
- Lifestyle and hobbies: Self-storage is very popular in cities, where living spaces generally are smaller and expensive. Having extra storage space is like having an extension of your home. Some people use storage facilities in order to improve their lifestyles. Self-storage also provide the hobbyists space to enjoy their favourite pastimes, e.g. coin, stamp and comic collections or building trains and tracks. If you have a busy lifestyle, Collect A Store in Strand has extended access hours to visit your storage facility as often as you want. We have excellent security and various sized units to choose from at reasonable prices. Self-storage can provide that extra storage space you have always wanted. The benefits of using self-storage are more than just peace of mind, but also a sense of relief that your possessions are safely stored.
- Collectors and hoarders: There are many examples of people renting storage facilities to enable them to keep the collectables they no longer have space for at home. The desire to accumulate, hold onto or hoard is very common. Collect A Store in the Strand offers clients the opportunity to fulfill their need for keeping and collecting various items. Self-storage units can be rented on a month-to- month basis. Customers can easily increase or decrease their storage space ̶ some even have two or more storage units. Extended hours access at Collect A Store give clients the flexibility to visit their storage units whenever wanted.
- Death of a Loved One: Often time is needed to sort through the affairs and belongings of a deceased relative or friend. A few months of storage can relieve additional pressures during such times. Our storage consultants can make this task as easier with just one call ̶ by organizing everything, including removal and packing. Many of Collect A Store’s consultants have assisted family members to store the belongings of a deceased loved one when no other options were available.
- Moving back home: Your children have left home and all of a sudden you have too much spare room. You make the changes you want, only to get a phone call a few months later: “Mom, I want to come home!” Where are you going to put your child’s recently acquired items? Siblings often move in and out of home a few times before settling down. Self-storage gives them the flexibility to store their goods for the period required. Collect A Store in Strand has a free trailer and driver service which is very popular among young people who cant afford removers.